Matching the individual with the best placement improves quality of life for service recipients while also directing resources to areas of greatest need. Ascend’s role is to serve as an independent, third party providing the individual with a conflict-free assessment to help ensure the individual receives the best placement and services. We understand how PASRR
can impact facility throughput, particularly when a recipient is nearing discharge.
From the perspective of the individual, Pre-admission screening is required specifically because inappropriate nursing facility admissions can quickly deplete critical financial resources and diminish the independence skills of a person with a disability. When one of those occurs, it is difficult for community reintegration to occur—when both happen, it is generally impossible. It is our obligation to work with you so that, together, we can ensure that service and placement needs are accurately and quickly identified so throughput impact is minimized, while the responsibility to the assessed individual remains at the forefront. Many hospitals have adopted the following tools to join with us in advocating for the needs of the individual through PASRR:
- Complete a thorough, timely Level I:
- Ask questions about behavioral and developmental history, medications, and symptoms/behaviors early in the admission if nursing home care is determined to be a possibility
- Submit the Level I screen as soon as nursing home need is identified
- Submit supplemental information if it is requested
- Identify a knowledgeable staff member that can be available at the time of the evaluation
- Inform the guardian about the assessment time/date
With web-based, highly compliant tools that are accessible 24/7, Ascend helps hospitals have the smoothest, highest quality PASRR programs possible. Click here to learn more about our PASRR Manager™ software suite.